Backyard Neighbourhood Condos by the VanDyk Group is a mixed-use development located in Etobicoke, at Berry Road and Stephen Drive. The project which sits north of The Queensway and Parklawn represents a redevelopment of a former plaza site. Backyard Condos adjoins the Roncesvalles, High Park and Humber Bay communities.
Backyard Condos will comprise four low-rise towers with over 500 residential condos. A commercial building, “The Shoppes at Stonegate” is already completed, designed to provide a wide variety of easily accessible retail options. A food co-op and farmer’s market are expected to offer an alternative shopping option for residents.
Address: 150 Berry Rd, Toronto
Ideally located outside of the rush and hassle of downtown, Backyard Neighbourhood Condos is still close enough to let residents enjoy all of downtown’s benefits. It has Gardiner Expressway within easy reach and the Humber Loop just 5 minutes away. A short 10-minute bus ride gets residents to the subway.
Floorplans detailing the layout of Backyard Neighbourhood Condo are yet to be released to the public. The Humberside, the first of the four low-rises, has however been up for registration. The Humberside, a boutique residence, is slated to be 6-storeys high and comprise of 96 units. These Backyard Condo units are designed to offer owners 464 sq. ft. to 918 sq. ft. of living space.
Features & Amenities
The 96 units of The Humberside range from one to two bedroom plus den suites. The layout has been skilfully designed to offer functionality with emphasis on maximizing the perception of depth of space. Standard features include:
- – polished hard surface countertops
- – stainless steel appliances in the kitchen
- – Brick and glass combinations will give The Humberside’s expert architectural design a traditional yet modern appeal
Its distinctive top floor amenities include breath-taking views of Toronto from a rooftop terrace, an outdoor yoga terrace, a fitness center and a custom-decorated party lounge.
Other amenities in the Backyard Neighbourhood Condo include:
- – A centrally located 1-acre park with interactive splash pad, pedestrian-friendly walkways, and artistic modern play structure
- – minimized speeding due to internal roads being bricked and built in the woonerf style
- – The Stonegate Community Health Centre is covering the 15,000 sq. ft. of the top floor of the “The Shoppes at Stonegate.”
- – A sophisticated reception lobby with two convenient entrances